As an Assistant Manager, you will support the General Manager/Store Manager to build a Team that delivers results through providing an amazing customer experience. You also share the responsibility to execute all Store Operations and maintain a visually appealing store. You create a positive environment that develops and engages your Managers, Associates and Customers every day. You love being part of a Winning Team and you bring your energy to work every day.
Who you are:
- Ambitious and passionate.
- Engaging personality who attracts great talent.
- Demonstrates a competitive spirit and desire to win.
- Team player with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to adapt to change and take on more responsibilities.
- Self motivated.
- Stylish with a love of fashion.
What you’ll do:
- Work together with the GM/SM to set store goals.
- Motivate associates to perform at a high level by creating a fun, challenging and rewarding culture.
- Create an amazing customer experience and continually provide feedback to associates on the sales floor.
- Communicate clear expectations and hold the store associates accountable to achieving results.
- Ensure store standards for merchandising and operations are met consistently.
- Be a role model for our values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Compassion.
What you’ll need:
- Consistent record of results.
- A positive attitude and lots of energy.
- A passion for people – both customers and your team.
- Ability to do multiple things at the same time.
- Strong merchandising skills and an eye for visual details.
- Initiative to continue self development.
- Flexible availability to meet the needs of the business.
Where you come from:
- 9+ months as Assistant Manager in similar volume, apparel business with 2+ years of supervisory experience or college degree.
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit package that includes outstanding bonus potential, a casual work environment, a generous merchandise discount and realistic growth potential. Aéropostale, Inc. is an equal
opportunity employer, M/F